New for 2023/24 Season
For the upcoming 2023-24 season, Hockey Alberta has removed the requirement of obtaining a travel permit for any exhibition games (U11 and older divisions) or one-time events (Intro to Hockey, U7 and U9 divisions) that take place within the province.
Please note that travel permits are still mandatory for all tournaments (U11 and older divisions) and festivals (Intro to Hockey, U7 and U9 divisions) that a team attends and for any exhibition games hosted outside of the province.
- All teams traveling to tournament must obtain a travel permit.
- Teams hosting a tournament must obtain a tournament sanction number.
- All gamesheets and game incident reports must be entered according to Hockey Alberta guidelines as stated in the email with the tournament sanction number.
- Do not allow a suspended player/coach to be on a roster until confirmation is received.
To apply for your permit or sanction number, please complete the required form and email to BMHA's System Development Coordinator.
* Please apply for all permits and sanctions a minimum of 2 weeks in advance to ensure that your team will have proper authorization.